June 16, 2007

What? No Ovens?!

I received a comment on my previous post from a gentleman I will refer to as Dick.  Dick decided to ignore every last point I made in my article and write a very long manifesto about how we need to protect children and how we should pass a constitutional amendment to create colonies for sex offenders to live in... Just take a deep breath and read that again. (Don't worry I'll wait.)  Unfortunately I hastily deleted the comment as I didn't want people to use the comment as a way to contact him. He's free to espouse any whack job view but I'm not going to help him do it.

Dick referred to something called "domestic terrorism." At first I had no clue what in the world he was talking about but eventually I realized he was referring to sex offenders. Apparently sex offenders by themselves aren't scary enough so he wants to make sure he puts in the primary buzzword of fear since 9/11: terrorism. Because of that word, the President took away our civil liberties and Dick intends to use the same scare tactics to mutilate the Constitution into supporting some Nazi-esque police state.  (I know I just invoked Godwin's Law but does anyone have an analogy that fits better?)

Psalm 19:14: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer."

No comments:

Google